The Indian Society for Sleep Research announces Budur Krishna Murthy Awards for 2017 ISSR International Conference on Sleep Medicine and Research at GOA.
- Budur Krishna Murthy Travel Award: will be offered to about 20 life members preferably below 35 years to present their work in the conference. ISSR will support a few young researchers of Indian origin who wish to attend the Silver Jubilee Conference of ISSR at Goa. Researchers/ Scientists with an abstract accepted for presentation at the meeting will be considered for the travel grant. Interested candidates may apply to the President, Indian Society for Sleep Research (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of their abstract acceptance letter, along with a letter from their supervisor indicating their status of studentship and age.
- Budur Krishna Murthy Young Investigator Award: (Cash prize of Rs 10,000): will be given to the best poster presented in the Conference.
- Budur Krishna Murthy Silver Jubilee Conference Award: (Cash prize of Rs 5,000/- each ) 20 delegates, below 35 years who get the top 20 ranks in the MCQ based examination on sleep medicine conducted during the afternoon of 23rd September 2017.
Delegates who attend both NSMC and the ISSR Silver Jubilee Conference are eligible to appear for the examination. Relaxation of age may be given under special circumstances.
In addition, the following awards are also available for the young delegates
- ISSR merit certificate: Those who score more than 85% in the above mentioned examination will be given a certificate by the ISSR stating the same.
- NIMHANS, Department of Neurophysiology Award: Those who get first and second rank in the MCQ examination will be given subsistence allowance award which will enable them to spend about 10 days in the sleep lab.